Outstanding Screenplays TV Pilot Competition will be back in April 2022!
ABOUT (our 2021 competition)
We’re currently in a clear Golden Age of TV. With audiences’ increasing desires for escapism and purely bingeable TV, it has never been this good. And there have never been as many opportunities for screenwriters to write for TV. There were a record 532 scripted TV programs in 2019. That’s a lot of pages of TV that need to be written.
Some of the best writing happens for TV. Some of the best stories being told are being told on TV. When it comes to television, it’s a writer’s world. Writers become producers and showrunners of TV shows.
Streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Apple TV+ are eager to find TV writers with unique voices. That is what our competition is for. We want to find undiscovered talented TV writers and connect them with the industry, so one day they’ll be able to write for their favorite TV Show. So, finish your TV Pilot script, submit it to our competition and let us do the rest.
Our 7 Judges who have won Emmy Awards, Golden Globes and Writer's Guild Awards will decide this year’s TV Pilot Winner. These are all writers who have written and are still writing for some of the best Outstanding TV series available today.
Top TV Pilot scripts are considered by our unprecedented Emmy Award winning and Writer's Guild Award winning writers, creators and producers. Our jury includes:
Erik Bork - writer on Band of Brothers - Two Times Emmy Award Winner & Two Times Golden Globe Award Winner
Marion Dayre - writer on Better Call Saul - Six Times Writer's Guild Award Nominee
Alyson Feltes - writer on Ozark - Emmy Award Nominee
Noah Gardenswartz - writer on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Writer's Guild Award Winner
Susan Soon He Stanton - writer on Succession - Writer's Guild Award Winner
Peter Cameron - writer on WandaVision
Ali Vingiano - writer on - The Morning Show
Grand Prize Winner
*$1,000 cash award
*The Idea - an exclusive Online Course from Erik Bork ($700 value)
*Your script will be sent to our Judges & specially chosen members of our Industry contacts
*Script development with Outstanding Screenplays, with our help and suggestions on how to get your TV Pilot produced
Top 25 Finalists
*Each of the 25 finalists will receive an EXCLUSIVE one page written feedback report from one of our 7 Emmy Award Winning and Writer's Guild Award Winning/Nominated judges!
* Each of the 25 finalists will receive a copy of the NEWEST Final Draft 12 - The screenwriting software used by 95% of Hollywood (25 x $249.99 value)
* Each of the 25 finalists will receive a copy of the Script Hackr: The extensive online step-by-step screenwriting course from Script Reader Pro (25 x $299 value)
* Each of the 25 finalists will receive a collection of 5 Audio classes by Erik Bork (including Story Concept, Main Character, Act One, Act Two, Act Three) (25 x $49 value).
* All 25 finalists will be published on our Instagram and all our other social media accounts. We currently have more than 270.000 followers combined and this will be an important exposure for you and will create more opportunities for your screenplay and your writing career.
We’re on a mission to help and support ALL screenwriters who enter our competitions, not just the finalists and winners. If you have written a TV script and submit to our competition, this shows your intent that you are serious about your screenwriting career. We value that intent. Just with entering you will immediately get on our radar and we will monitor your development from script to script and how your writing is improving.
In addition, EVERYONE who enters will receive:
* FREE eBook THE IDEA by Erik Bork - Regularly listed on the top 10 lists of the best Screenwriting books, The Idea, written by Multiple Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning writer/producer Erik Bork (HBO’s Band of Brothers) takes a different approach to the craft of screenwriting. It's all about selecting that initial idea. A clever, well thought out initial idea is what will motivate Hollywood “gatekeepers” to read your script.
* An invitation to a private Outstanding Screenplays forum where we’ll discuss ideas and improvements for TV Pilots, TV Shows and Web Series and how to get them produced. On the forum, we’ll also share exclusive posts for more advanced screenwriting techniques.
* A $15 gift card from us to be redeemed on our Script Coverage services.
* 10% off of ALL subsequent Outstanding Screenplays Competitions (Shorts, TV Pilot and Feature competitions)
At the program's request, Coverfly will automatically remove your title page for you if you include one when submitting to this program.
TV Pilot Scripts should be within 15 - 70 pages.
All scripts must be written in English.
We welcome submissions from screenwriters and filmmakers from all countries around the world.
Material submitted must be written and owned by the person submitting.
There is no age limit. All ages can enter.
There is no limit on the number of scripts a writer may submit. You are allowed to submit as many entries as you like.
Outstanding Screenplays claims no ownership of your work. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this competition remain with the original rights of the person(s) that submitted.
All decisions of Outstanding Screenplays are final. By applying to this competition each participant agrees to hold Outstanding Screenplays, our judges and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
Please contact us via email@example.com if you have any further questions.